Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
We are committed to the provision of high quality education in a secure, happy and stimulating environment. Within our school the children are encouraged to develop self discipline and become responsible, caring and respectful members of the community. We provide a balanced curriculum, enabling children to develop basic skills and achieve to the best of their ability.
The Aims of Galley Hill Primary School & Nursery
Galley Hill Primary School & Nursery aims to create an environment where our pupils desire to acquire knowledge and understanding and to become life long learners
- all children feel respected, safe and valued and can develop positive attitudes towards the contributions of people of all races, beliefs, abilities and genders
- children can develop their curiosity, originality, perseverance, open-mindedness, independence of thought and the ability to reflect
- children gain self respect and confidence through working independently and co-operatively, taking pride in their own learning and that of others
- children learn to take an increasing responsibility for their behaviour and their role in the learning process
- children can acquire the knowledge and skills to develop their abilities to their full potential
- learning is perceived as purposeful, challenging and pleasurable
- all staff have high expectations of pupil achievement, recognise and develop individual talents and encourage all pupils to work towards the highest standards
- parents are supported and encouraged to be an integral part of their child’s education
- there are strong links with the local community and also full involvement of governors, parents and pupils within the life of the school
…… so that effective learning takes place.
The school has just six ‘Golden Rules’ which are:
Do be kind and helpful – Don’t hurt people’s feelings.
Do be gentle – Don’t hurt anyone.
Do listen – Don’t interrupt.
Do work hard – Don’t waste your or other people’s time.
Do be honest – Don’t cover up the truth.
Do look after property – Don’t waste or damage things.