English - Day 5
Lesson Focus: To find information in the text.
Today, you will finish the book 'Dick Whittington'. I hope you have enjoyed it!
Read: Chapter 8 and 'About the Author'
Respond: Answer the questions below in clear sentences.
1) What does Dick Whittington do when he sees Puss? Pg57
2) What does he do with the treasure? Pg57
3) What job does he end up doing? Pg58
3a) There was a clue earlier in the story about what he would become in the end. Can you find it? What page is it on?
4) How is the squire's son described? Pg59
5) He is a very caring character. What does he give/do for the: old master, old cook and poor of London? Pg61
Reflect: Now that you have read the whole story, complete the book review below. Think about what your favourite part was, which character you liked, what would you give it out of 5**?
Challenge: Can you find out a few facts about the 'real' Richard Whittington that the original story was based on?