Today you will be learning
We are revisiting the phase 3 sounds this week so continuing to practise reading and writing these. The first sound of the week we will be looking at is: ee.
Start your phonics session by watching Geraldine the Giraffe here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfM7Hz7US0U
Once you have watched the video see if you can think of some words that have the ee sound in them e.g. sheep, beep, creep.
Then write a caption using one of the words they have written, e.g: I have got some sweets in my bag.
This week we are continuing our topic of pirates and finding out more about the history of pirates. Ask your child what they know about pirates already, write a list with them about the ideas they come up with Then go through the powerpoint attachment below and find out some more information about pirates!
We are starting our Maths this week with our number of the week. This week our number is 18. For this you can open the powerpoint attached or follow these tasks.
- Write number 18 for your child, get them to copy it.
- What numbers do we write next to each other for 18?
- Can they find 18 on a number line? What number comes before/after?
- Find 18 things around the house.
- Make 18 with fingers using yours and their hands together.