Today’s Learning -
- Hello song, days of the week song and Introduction for the week with Mrs Parsons
- Nursery rhyme - I can sing a rainbow 🌈
- Phonics - Colour Monster read by Mrs Parsons
- Maths - Counting with Cheerios with Mrs Swaine
- Topic - Making Play-Doh - following a recipe with Mrs Swaine
- Story time with Mrs Swaine
Other activities can be found here!
Phonics - Colour Monster
This week is called feeling good week. Today I thought we would start off with one of my favourite stories called the Colour Monster. It is really important that we talk about our feelings and we can tell a trusted adult (home or school) or sibling how we feel. All feelings are okay.
Activity - Have a think about things that make you happy.
- Can you draw a picture of what makes you happy?
- Have a think and talk about your ideas with a grown-up.
Today we are going to use the play dough in maths and practise our counting skills.
You will need:
- Play dough
- Numbers written on paper
What you need to do:
- Make a small ball with your pasta.
- Place your pasta into the play dough.
- Next pick a number and count out that many Cheerios and then thread them onto the pasta.
- Be careful not to snap the pasta!
- Can you see which pasta has more or less Cherrios?
Today in topic, we are going to be making play dough and following instructions
You will need
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of salt
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Food colouring
- Add the water, lemon juice and oil into a pan (you can add food colouring now)
- Put it on a medium heat, you want the liquid to heat up but not boil
- Mix the flour and salt together in a bowl
- When the water is hot but not boiling you can add the dry mix
- Stir together until ingredients combine, dry out and begin to form a ball.
- If it’s sticky you can flatten it out in the pan leave it for a few second then flip it over, repeat until it’s not sticky
- Don’t over cook, you need it to be a bit undercooked as it will firm up as it cools down
- Place it on a wax sheet to cool
- Once cooled you can knead it to bring it all together
Story time with Mrs Swaine is ‘Snail and the Whale’