Revisit: Children to play Flashcard speed trials on phonics play
Login details Username Jan21
Today we are going to be continuing the ‘oy’ sound.
Questions to be asked to the child:
- What sound did we look at yesterday?
- Revisit what sound does ‘oi’ make? (Remind children that it is a digraph and what does this mean?)
- The sound they already know is ‘oi’ – remind them same sound different letters.
- Explain to children today they are going to write words with the sound ‘oy’ in it.
- Model words – boy, toy, annoy, royal.
- Children to complete the attached worksheet. The worksheet attached will include some words that do not have the ‘oy’ sound. Children need to say the word of the picture and identify whether it contains the ‘oy’ sound.
Children to write the sentence. Adult to model first.
e.g.: a. Boy with a toy. Roy came with Joy.