Children to sing along to the alphabet song. Children should be confident with this song they sing it in class.
Teach: Today we are going to be continuing the ‘ue’ sound.
Questions to be asked to the child:
- What sound did we look at yesterday?
- Revisit what sound does ‘ue’ make? (Remind children that it is a digraph and what does this mean?)
- The sound they already know is ‘oo’ – remind them same sound different letters.
- Explain to children today they are going to write words with the sound ‘ue’ in it.
- Children to complete the attached worksheet. The worksheet attached will include some words that do not have the ‘ue’ sound. Children need to say the word of the picture and identify whether it contains the ‘ue’ sound and write the word
Apply Children to write the sentence.
e.g.: a. Sue’s glue is blue. b. This is a true clue.