Revisit: Children to practice reading phase 3 high frequency words(HFW) on phonics play ‘Tricky word trucks’.
Login details Username: Jan21
Teach: Today we are going to be continuing the ‘oe’ sound.
- Questions you may ask:
- What sound did we look at yesterday?
- What sound does ‘oe’ make? (Remind children that it is a digraph and what does this mean?)
- The sound they already know is ‘oa’– remind them ‘oa’ makes the same sound as ‘oe’
- Explain to children today they are going to write words with the sound ‘oe’ in it.
- Model words - toe, hoe, doe, tomatoes, goes, heroes.
Practise: Children to complete the attached worksheet. The worksheet attached will include some words that do not have the ‘oe’ sound. Children need to say the word of the picture and identify whether it contains the ‘oe’ sound and write the ‘oe’ word in the worksheet. There are three options please find the most suitable option.
Apply: Children to write the sentence. They may need modelling.
Examples of model sentences. 1. Mary goes to the park. 2. I like burger and potato fries. 3. Doe is a female deer.