Good morning everyone,
Today I thought we could create our own story book.
You will need the following items:
- Writing pencil
- 2 bowls of different sizes
- Stapler/glue/wool/string (I found string from a gift bag in the cupboard)
- Your imagination 😊
- Draw around the large bowl with a pencil.
- Then draw 2 triangles for your pigs ears on the top of your circle.
- Next cut it out, remember how we hold scissors and try and cut along the line.
- You can now colour it in, I used a pink pencil but you can use paints or crayons, it’s up to you!
- Next draw around the small bowl several times to make your pages, then cut them out.
- Next join them together using the stapler, string or glue.
- Now you can colour the top page of your book the same as your pigs head.
- It’s now time to create your story, you could do the traditional story or be creative and make up some of your own characters.
- Think about the beginning of your story, does it start with Once upon a time or One day?
- Remember to use your froggy fingers, finger spaces, capital letters and full stops.
I hope you have fun making your books, maybe you can retell your story to your grown ups.
Don’t forget to put it on tapestry so we can see your lovely work 😊