WC: 21st June 2021
Focus: 'What the Ladybird Heard' By Julia Donaldson
- Last week, the children have been interested in talking about maps and directions. So we thought we would link it to a story from Julia Donaldson called 'What the Ladybird Heard'. We will be using vocabulary like - left, right, forward, backward and straight on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu9mPX7DuLA
- Rhyme of the Week - We will be recapping the rhymes we have already learnt using our rhyme bag and discussing our favourite ones and why. We will be using the target word 'because' in our sentence.
- Phonics - We will be spending our time revisiting all the sounds we have learnt so far. s, a, t, p, i, n, m, d, g, o, c, k, e, u, r, h, b, f, l.
- We will be using this song to help us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y03uiPd-JTc
- This half term in Phonics, we will be focussing on segmenting and blending simple words.
- Maths - This week we will be recapping how to count accurately.
On this week: See weekly planner
- Wednesday - Library Books - Don't forget we change our Library books on a Wednesday. Please ensure your child has the orange reading record and library book in their book bag.