Welcome to our new well-being page.
You will find lots of different resources and websites.
** This page is currently being built so please come back to check for further updates!**
Blue Peter Badge challenge - there are 6 to work towards. Each one has a theme.
'Over six weeks in June and July, we will be celebrating a different Blue Peter badge a week and asking you to show us how you are getting on by sending in your photos and videos. We’re calling it Blue Peter’s 6 Badges of Summer. Green, Sport, Music, Blue, Fan Club and Silver – 6 Blue Peter Badges you can earn right now!'
Ways you can give back to your community -
1. Pick up rubbish wherever you go
2. Donate unwanted clothes and toys
3. Bake cakes or cookies to give to local key workers
4. Make handmade cards to give to local key workers
5. Create bird feeders to attract wildlife
6. Write a letter to somebody who could use a friend
7. Donate a portion of your pocket money to a charity
8. Do household chores to give Mum and Dad a break!
9. Help with cooking a family meal
10. Use manners, smile and say hello when out and about
Cosmic Yoga - Wonderful child centred yoga routines linked to well known stories and films. These range from 10 minutes to a full hour. https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
P.E. with Joe Wicks - From WB22/06/20 he will be running live sessions on a Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Don't forget there are lots of previous 'P.E' lessons on his You Tube channel. Fancy Dress Friday is always a good one! https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1/videos
Fitter Future - All children should have a log in but please contact your child's class teacher if you need the login details. https://www.fitterfuture.com/schools/
This is P.E. - Lots of online lessons for fun, active P.E style sessions. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYGRaluWWTojV3An2WEgsQ4qGFy_91jDL
Born To Move! This website has lots of guided dance and active work out routines. Great for KS2! https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/born-to-move-free
A great way to keep learning is to find out about or try something new!
Are you a budding animator or cartoonist? Why not try some guided drawing tutorials!
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArtforKidsHub - see below for a couple of direct links! They have 100s of different drawings to try.
Red Ted Art: What about doing something crafty? Take the time to make something fun or useful! https://www.redtedart.com/
Connect with family and friends
* There are lots of messaging and video messaging apps (Please ask for parental permission) so that you can keep in touch with your friends and family. Why not make up a quiz you can do or create your own scavenger hunt for family members to do together?
* Why not write a letter or email to someone you haven't seen for a while. You could tell them what you have learnt about or new things you might have tried during lock down. You could share a picture or a song.
Connect with nature
* Take a walk with your family - find new hidden places in your local area.
* Do a nature scavenger hunt - why not try some of the ones below or you could make up your own!
* Be mindful. Sit out in your garden or by your window and just watch and listen. What can you hear? What can you see?
50 outdoor activities for little ones https://www.naturallylearning.co.uk/50-outdoor-activities-toddlers/
Mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations. It can help relieve stress, improve sleep, calm us down and encourage us to take notice of our thoughts and feelings, as well as the world around us.
Some quick, useful mindfulness techniques:
GoNoodle it's free to create an account and they've got lots of great mindfulness videos! https://www.gonoodle.com/
New Horizon Meditation & Sleep Stories https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjW-3doUmNsyY5aLQHLiNXg
Children's self care kit https://www.mentallyhealthyschools.org.uk/media/2013/self-care-kit-covid-19.pdf