Social connection can lower anxiety and depression, help us regulate our emotions, lead to higher self-esteem and empathy, and actually improve our immune systems. People who feel more connected to others, including friends, family or colleagues, have lower levels of stress and feel happier.
Connect with family and friends
- * There are lots of messaging and video messaging apps (Please ask for parental permission) so that you can keep in touch with your friends and family. Why not make up a quiz you can do or create your own scavenger hunt for family members to do together?
- * Why not write a letter or email to someone you haven't seen for a while. You could tell them what you have learnt about or new things you might have tried. You could share a picture or a song.
- * Write a letter to your local care home or charity
- * Have a movie night - without devices!
- * Talk to somebody if you are feeling low
Connect with nature
- * Take a walk with your family - find new hidden places in your local area.
- * Do a nature scavenger hunt - why not try some of the ones below or you could make up your own!
- * Be mindful. Sit out in your garden or by your window and just watch and listen. What can you hear? What can you see?
- Watch clips from Planet Earth or Perfect Planet - how amazing is our planet?!
50 outdoor activities for little ones https://www.naturallylearning.co.uk/50-outdoor-activities-toddlers