Welcome to Nursery
Mrs Swaine, Mrs Trueman, Miss Stanbridge
In our Foundation Unit we have a Nursery and 2 Reception Classes
All children have the use of a large well resourced setting which includes 2 outside areas, one of which is covered.
The times of the sessions are as follows-:
- Reception - See class individual letter.
- Morning Nursery 8.30 – 11.30 pm
- Afternoon Nursery 12.30 - 3.30 pm
- Pupils in receipt of 30 hours funding 8.30am - 2.30pm
What is the Foundation Stage Unit?
- The Foundation Stage Unit is a learning environment for children who are in the Foundation Stage phase of their education which is between the ages of 3 and 5 years.
- The Foundation Stage Unit includes children from their third birthday until the end of their Reception Year. We recognise it as a crucial in education, both in its own right and in preparing children for learning in Key Stage one.
- We believe that all children should be given the best possible start to their education.
- Great value is placed on the quality of our provision in the Foundation Stage by providing all of the children with stimulating activities that are appropriate for their age and stage of development.
- It is recognised that when children join us, they will already have had a range of experiences and they will also have a range of skills and interests; therefore the curriculum is carefully planned so that their learning is always moving forward.