Following the advice from the Government last night and the discussions parents had with Miss Elsey this morning, I am writing to you, with great sadness, to let you know that we have taken the decision to postpone both the Year 4 and Year 5 trips to London on Tuesday 17th March. The children will therefore be in school on Tuesday as usual.
As I am sure you can understand, this has not been a decision that we have taken lightly. We have spent much of last night and today in discussion with governors and staff.
We are hoping to postpone these trips to later in the summer term but obviously this will be subject to availability of coaches and the providers being able to accommodate us. It will also be dependent on how this on-going situation unfolds. We are going to be contacting all companies involved and will get back to you regarding rescheduling or possible refunds as soon as we have further details available.
The teachers will now be planning the learning that will take place at school on Tuesday for the classes.
Thank you as always for your support at this difficult time.
Mrs E. Birch